The aims of the program are to educate nurses who
1. Have professional and ethical values,
2. Have effective and therapeutic communication skills,
3. Provide high quality and safe care,
4. Use creative, critical, innovative and scientific methods,
5. Positively impact health practices and policies.
1. Carries out roles and responsibilities in line with ethical principles, professional values and legal regulations.
2. Develops effective and therapeutic relationships with groups and individuals in different practice settings.
3. Provides safe, high-quality, evidence-based care that complies with national and international standards, using information, communication and care technologies.
4. Adopts the life-long learning approach to personal and professional development.
5. Creates new and innovative ideas by questioning existing knowledge.
6. Uses leadership skills in intradisciplinary and interdisciplinary work.
COURSES AND PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES MATRIX
|Courses||Program Learning Outcomes|
|ALIS 100 Academic and Life Skills||3||3|
|UNIV 101 Introduction to Koç University||2||2|
|ACWR 101 Basic Academic Writing||2||2|
|TURK 100 Turkish Speech and Composition||1||3||3|
|CPAP 100 Computer Proficiency Assessment Program||3||3|
|MATH 101 Finite Mathematics||3||3|
|NURS 101 Introduction to Nursing||4|
|ASIU (Common Core)||1||3||3|
|ACWR 106 Academic Writing for Science & Technology||3||3|
|NURS 102 Functional Anatomy for Healthcare Professionals||5|
|CHEM 100 General Chemistry for Health Sciences||5|
|ECSA (Common Core)||3||3||2|
|HUMS (Common Core)||1||4||4||3|
|NURS 201 Health Assessment||3||3||4||5||5|
|NURS 203 Fundamentals of Nursing||5||5||5||5||5||2|
|NURS 205 Nursing Practice: Health Assessment and Fundamentals of Nursing||5||5||5||5||5||2|
|NURS 207 Therapeutic Communication||5||5||5||3||3||3|
|HIST 300 History of Modern Turkey||2|
|NURS 202 Mechanisms of Disease||4||5||5|
|NURS 204 Medical Nursing||5||5||5||5||5||2|
|NURS 206 Surgical Nursing||5||5||5||5||5|
|NURS 208 Nursing Practice: Medical and Surgical Nursing||5||5||5||5||5||2|
|SOCS (Common Core)||2||3||2|
|NURS 210 Summer Practice||5||5||5||5||5||2|
|NURS 301 Women’s Health Nursing||5||5||5||5||5||3|
|NURS 303 Child Health Nursing||5||5||5||5||5||3|
|NURS 305 Nursing Practice: Women and Child Health Nursing||5||5||5||5||5||3|
|MATH 202 Statistics for Social Sciences||3||3|
|NURS 302 Nursing in Health Protection and Promotion||5||5||5||5||5||4|
|NURS 304 Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing||5||5||5||5||4|
|NURS 306 Nursing Practice: Community Health and Mental Health Nursing||5||5||5||5||4|
|NURS 308 Nursing Research||5||3||5||5||3|
|NURS 310 Summer Practice||5||5||5||5||5|
|NURS 312 Summer Practice||5||5||5||5||5|
|NURS 401 Management in Health Services||5||5||5||5||5|
|NURS 403 Ethics in Healthcare Services||5||3||3||5||2|
|NURS 490 Project-I||3||3||3||5||3|
|NURS 402 Internship||5||5||5||5||5|
|NURS 491 Project –II||3||3||3||5||3|
|ELECTIVE (7 General- 5 Area)||2||2||2||3||2|