3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the baccalaureate nursing program is Initial Accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
Koç University School of Nursing (KUSON) is the first and only internationally accredited institution in Turkey in the field of nursing.
In 2016, KUSON was recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) – Higher Education Accreditation Council for the United States and International Nursing Education Programs and it was accredited for 5 years by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) – prestigious and most established accreditation institution for Nursing Accreditation Commission. Renewal processes of accreditation are ongoing and will be completed in 2021.
ACEN accreditation is a process that aims to continuously improve quality in nursing education. During the accreditation process, ACEN reviews the institutions that provide nursing education, under six standards which are mission and administrative capacity, faculty &staff, students, curriculum, resources and outcomes. This accreditation contributes to the accredited institution and programs by means of a continuous improvement in the processes related to the sources invested, the processes followed and the results obtained
Being internationally accredited means:
• Having an education program at international standards and updated in line with the relevant standards
• Having an infrastructure and resources to carry out education at international standards
• Having an education program capable of raising qualified professionals required by the field
• International recognition
• High post-graduation job placement rates
• The awareness and capacity of faculty members and administrators about the areas that requires improvement in line with international standards